Saturday, September 04, 2010

Pay it forward.


Teaching while sleeping, originally uploaded by ArcherVision.

4 hours sleep, 2 hour talk, 20 students, 5 staff, only a small coffee?

I took a slight break from the biggest and most challenging deadline in the history of the company to visit some design students at American Career Institute. 3 or 4 all nighters into the last functional production weeks of a three year project, I was clearly on auto-pilot. However, this is always the way I like to talk to students, actually. Let them see the real-world of media design, complete with it's lack of sleep and beta testing, which I actually did a little of during the talk.

Great attentive crowd, lots of good questions and I stayed on a stream of consciousness, which is always a great time when it all goes well. I also got a treat by being able to watch my old friend (and Burning Man pal!) Dave Hibshire all grown-up and teaching. Thanks for asking me in Dave, and glad to see you putting all those degrees and miles of experience to good use: Inspiring kids to learn.

Well, as I said, still in production. So, one phase down, a few days left to finish Mars Interrupted..and then it is on to Space Center Houston...and of course...
Hawaii!

No comments: