Saturday, June 12, 2010

My drums


My drums, originally uploaded by ArcherVision.

Got to love drums. They are always ready to be played. Especially if they are tuned. I think my kit is pretty much as ergonomically set up as I have had it in a while. Continuous tinkering, adding, subtracting and creating new things that like to be struck has been basically an obsession. I suppose I could have worse vices.

At any rate, they are signed Keller shells assembled by Springfield Drum Company and finished with Electric Turquoise, which was used for a time by DW. I found a DW popcorn snare in the same finish, so if course I had to get that. 13 inch solid maple snare, also by Springfield Drum Company has surprisingly won out lately over my other 6 snares, including my 14 Tama Warlord. Something about the 13 is just really nice. Gives you a little extra room, and sounds incredible with the snares thrown. I suppose it is that solid shell, the only solid drum I own, sadly.

Lots of cymbals, mostly Zildjian A Customs, including a flat top ride, a set of Platinum Hats, a set of vintage New Beats, an 18 Sabian Fast Chinese, and Dave Weckl 17 inch Evolution Effecks Crash provide some nice mellow low end. Low and slow.

Gadget run from a brass door bell, chinese cymbal stack, Lenox Hole Saw Kit, a 20 inch classic Rogers kick drum, 8 inch hi hats, oh and the better part of a vintage 1985 Chrome Slingerland kit I am restoring. That really seems to be enough, no?

No comments: